Delhi, Agra & Jaipur – Culinary Tour
This culinary tour of India covers New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, commonly called Golden Triangle in 6 days. It includes multiple culinary activities like food tours, tea tasing, cooking classes, wine tasting as well as some optional activities like photography tours, sightseeing, cycling tours and some others. This itinerary like most others is private and completely customisable.
- Cities Visited: New Delhi, Agra, Jaipur,
- Activities: Food walks, cooking classes, learning about spices, city walks, photo tours, cycling tour.
- Transport: By road in air-conditioned vehicle.
- Accommodation: Top luxury hotels in each city..
- Food: Some meals included in food walks, cooking classes. Rest from hotels and good restaurants
- Sightseeing: As described. Can be customised.
- Duration: 6 days with options to add more days.
- Contact: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org http://indiaculinarytour.com
GENERAL TRAVEL ITINERARY:
|DAY1||Delhi||Local||Food walk, sightseeing, street photography||B,L,D|
|DAY 2||Delhi||Local||Cooking class, Optional sightseeing||B, L|
Optional food walk and/or cycling tour
|DAY 4||Jaipur||Agra-Jaipur||Sightseeing, Optional food walk.||B, L|
|DAY 5||Jaipur||Local||Playtime with elephants,|
Optional cooking class
|DAY 6||Delhi||Jaipur-Delhi||Airport drop|
Other optional activities are described in detailed itinerary below.
Detailed Travel Itinerary
New Delhi : Culinary Capital Of India
First day in Delhi will be spent discovering some of best food items in a food tour covering Old Delhi and New Delhi. This food tour covers sightseeing, food tasting, city walk, heritage walk and a photography walk in one single package. In this food tour, you will visit some of oldest and most reputed food shops in the city, some of which are in business since 1880s. Number of food dishes included is generally 18-22 and differs according to season, timings etc.
In addition, guests can visit a few offbeat and lesser known attractions of the city which most tourists miss. There will be walks through ancient traditional bazaars selling spices, fabrics and more in Old Delhi as well as visits to some of the modern parts of New Delhi.
- ACTIVITIES: Food Tour of New Delhi and Old Delhi with sightseeing.
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Wine tasting, Tea Tasting, Photo Walk.
- FOOD: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during food tour
New Delhi : Spicy Magic
There is no better way to learn authentic Indian cooking than to do it with a chef in his/her home. You driver will take you to home of a local chef who along with the family will teach you some of the secrets of Indian cooking in an easy to understand way. This is not just a cooking demo, but a fully interactive cooking class which teaches participants various local cooking techniques, optimal usage of ingredients and proper ways of eating. The food is usually vegetarian but some meat dishes can be included on prior request.
After attending one such cooking class, the participants can learn to cook a good Indian meal comprising 2-3 vegetable(and/or meat) dishes, daals, 2-3 types of breads, some snacks, 1-2 desserts, traditional drinks and a few other local specialities. Duration of cooking class can be 5-66 hours or full day depending upon preferences of guests.
If the guests, opt for shorter cooking class, then they can spend rest of the day sightseeing.
- ACTIVITIES: Cooking class, Sightseeing.
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Wine tasting, Tea Tasting, Photo Walk.
- FOOD: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during cooking class.
OPTIONAL DAY 2
New Delhi : Sightseeing
This is the optional activity for tourists who want to see local monuments instead of attending a cooking class.
For tourists who are more interested in sights, heritage, monuments and other aspects of the city, this 2nd day of trip can be dedicated to sightseeing of New Delhi. This city is full of ancient monuments and other points of interests which have been the part of life of locals for hundreds and in some cases, thousands of years. Some of the attractions include Humayun’s Tomb, Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar, India Gate, Lodhi Garden, President’s House and numerous others. Actual itinerary depends upon factors such as timing and weather.
This tour of New Delhi can be done with a photography guide for tourists who wish to take better pictures. The photography guides take the participants to good spots for taking picture and help them make best use of the camera.
- ACTIVITIES: Delhi sightseeing
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Photo tour.
- MEALS: Breakfast in hotel. Lunch during sightseeing.
Agra : Taj Mahal and beyond
Transport: Delhi to Agra
This day will have an early start of around 3 hours drive to Agra from New Delhi. After a bit of rest and some light breakfast, you can visit Taj Mahal, one of seven wonders of the world. Walk around the beautiful structure, take some pictures and enjoy the beauty of place before leaving to visit Agra Fort and Itmad-Ul-Daulah’s tomb, commonly called Mini Taj. The latter is supposed to be one of the main inspirations behind design of Taj Mahal along with New Delhi’s Humayun’s Tomb.
This sightseeing in Agra can be done with a regular local guide or with a photography guide as per your preferences. For remainder of the day, you can either choose to rest, take a short food walk or join a cycling tour of Agra which covers some of the lesser known sights of Agra.
Optional Agra Food Walk:
A food walk in AGra takes you to Old Agra bazaar where you can spend around 3 hours tasting local street food dishes from some of most famous food shops in the city. Many of the food items included have quite a bit of history behind it and are perfectly safe to it.
Optional Bicycle Tour:
These cycling tours in Agra focus on less touristy yet interesting parts of Agra like an old abandoned tannery, flower markets, few old temples and various old structures spread all over. If you want to see more than just monuments in Agra, this is a must do.
- ACTIVITIES: Agra sightseeing
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Food walk, Cycling tour in Agra.
- MEALS: Breakfast and lunch
Jaipur : The Pink City Of India
Transport: Agra to Jaipur
Jaipur is one of must visit cities in India for numerous reasons. The sights, culture, food, people and history of the city have made it a favourite for tourists from world over. Your first day in Jaipur will cover some of these aspects in a special city tour which will help you see some sights as well taste some some local delicacies. The tour will start with a trip to walled part of old city where you will walk through old bazaars sampling delicious food from some of landmark food shops. This part of city houses numerous colourful markets and are always full of activity, colours and people.
Additionally there will be trips to some interesting sights such as Galta Jee temple (famous for monkeys, langoors, deers, peacocks among other animals), Hawa Mahal and a few others.
- ACTIVITIES: Food walk, Sightseeing.
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Sightseeing of Jaipur
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch and dinner. ( Lunch and dinner during food walk)
Jaipur : Jaipur Heritage
This day will begin with a visit to an elephant sanctuary where you can interact with these gentle giants in a completely relaxed way. You can play with them, feed them, give them a bath and even do a bit of painting under expert guidance of the mahaouts (their owners and trainers) who keep these elephants as part of their own family. After a nice Rajasthani lunch, you can leave for local sightseeing of Jaipur which covers various monuments such as Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, City Palace, Amber Fort among others.
If you don’t wish to see elephants, then whole day can be spent sightseeing. A cooking class with a local family can also be arranged in evening.
- ACTIVITIES: Playing with elephants. Sightseeing
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Cooking class in Jaipur
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch.
End Of Tour
This will be the end of tour. The driver can either drop you at Jaipur or New Delhi according to your choice.
~~END OF TRIP~~
OPTIONAL ADDON : Ranthambore Tiger Safari
Ranthmabore is home to a good population of Royal Bengal tigers and is a huge destination for wildlife lovers from all over the world. A safari there is a great way of spotting tigers, deers, langoors, leopards, numerous species of birds and various other rare animals. The safaris are done early morning and evenings. For tourists interested in wildlife, this is a good stop for 1-2 days and can be included between Agra and Jaipur.
- Website: http://IndiaCulinaryTour.com/
- Email: email@example.com
Please keep in mind that the following list is just for general reference and the final one will be finalised during confirmation . If the properties mentioned here are not available for any reason, we will provide accommodation in similar properties.
- New Delhi: Radisson Blu, Taj Vivanta, Royal Plaza.
- Agra: Clarks, Marriott Agra, Wyndham Grand,
- Jaipur: Nahargarh Haveli, Narain Niwas, Ramada
On road by a sedan (Toyota Etios or similar) for 1-2 guests. By Toyota Innova for bigger group (3-5)
- No contract between the company and the guest will be applicable till the deposit has been paid and following terms and conditions accepted.
- Clients are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate the risks in travel which may include injury, sickness, theft or death and that the clients undertake the tours at their own risk. Travel insurance is highly recommended for each tour.
- We try to keep these tours as safe as possible for everyone, but we can’t be held responsible if someone falls sick directly or indirectly due to any food or drink consumed during the tour or any activity..
- Availability of activities varies according to factors like availability of guides, weather, traffic and various other factors.
- Please let us know of any allergies and intolerances well in advance and we will try to do our best to make it work for you.
- Information presented on our website and emails are true to best of our knowledge. But some points of the tour like activities, duration, places may change without further notice due to reasons beyond our control. We inform the guests of any such changes as soon as possible.
- A surcharge of 3% is applicable on credit card payments.
- If the guests have any complaint or want to change anything, they must tell the group leader first as soon as possible.
- We make a point to listen to our guests but the decisions made by tour leaders will be final in all matters.
- A non-refundable deposit fee of 40 % of total cost of tour is required when confirming a booking. It will be refunded in case of overbooking or cancellation of tour. Rest of the amount has to be paid at least 20 days before the last booking date. Should the client fail to make the payment, their slot may be allotted to the next guest. Late applicants can consider joining the next group or shifting dates.
- Tour costs are calculated according to prevailing prices at the time of designing the itinerary. Company will not be held responsible for any changes beyond it’s control
- In case of underbooking, some aspects of the tour maybe changed.
Any cancellations made by a client must be done before certain dates . The date on which the company receives the correspondence, The cancellation charge, if any will depend upon the date the company receives the request from client.
General charges applicable in the event of a cancellation shall be as follows from the day of closing booking:
- Cancellation 2 months before last booking date : 25%
- 59-30 days: 30%
- 29-10 days: 50%
- 9-5 days: 75%
- Any cancellation after that isn’t eligible for refund.